At Barclays Restoration Services our technicians specialise in mould remediation with a particular focus on the prevention of future mould onset. An introduction to the smallest amount of liquid source can initiate the infestation of mould, in as little as 48 hours, which produce allergens in the environment. Exposure to damp and mouldy environments can cause throat and nasal irritations, respiratory illness, eye problems, skin irritations and ultimately lead to serious health effects.
With in-depth knowledge, advanced equipment and expert techniques, we can detect and endeavour to eliminate the onset of mould for a healthy and hygienic living environment.
A few mould FAQs to be aware of:
- Mould spores exist almost everywhere!
- Mould spores can travel through the air, heating/AC systems and can attach onto clothing;
- Mould isn’t an issue for individual microscopic spores. The spores will inhabit together in exposure to water and grow rapidly, then becoming a problem;
- Mould habitation occurs in moist areas, condensation, lack of ventilation or moisture ingress from building defects;
- Any foundations of water must be eliminated to prevent mould rehabilitation. This must be done prior to mediation;
- Mould creates a stale, damp odour;
- If you suspect a mould issue, call us today to discuss.